About Lunch Ticket
Lunch Ticket is Antioch University MFA program’s student and alumni-run literary magazine. Established in 2012, the name Lunch Ticket pays homage to Antioch University’s focus on issues that affect the working class and underserved communities. Lunch Ticket publishes weekly blog posts and columns, including Amuse-Bouche and Midnight Snack, and bi-annual issues featuring poetry, creative nonfiction, fiction, flash prose, literary translation, writing for young people, visual art, and feature interviews.
We publish work that upholds the vision and values of the Antioch MFA program. We aim to center writers and artists who have been marginalized and underrepresented, or historically misrepresented, and encourage submissions that engage with issues of racial, social, economic, gender, and environmental justice. Our teams read and look for work that plays with form and strives for a more just world.
Our Weekly Projects
Amuse-Bouche offers little bites each Monday to keep you satiated between issues.
- Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight is a regular series showcasing an individual writer or artist. We review literary submissions in all genres for Spotlight during January and July. Art is selected from submissions to the Visual Art category, which is open year-round.
- Amuse-Bouche: Writers Read is an occasional series showcasing craft-based reviews of published works of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, and translation. This category is only open to submissions from Antioch University MFA students and alumni, on a rolling basis. We give preference to annotations of books that are on-mission.
- Amuse-Bouche: À La Carte is a curated occasional series featuring short pieces that engage with one aspect of our mission. This series highlights:
- Work by writers from underrepresented or historically misrepresented communities
- Writing that engages with issues of social, economic, and environmental justice
- Amuse-Bouche: Litdish is an occasional series of interviews with writers and artists in conversation with our staff about literature, art, social justice, and community activism.
School Lunch: a curated bi-weekly feature offering fiction, poetry, flash prose, personal essay, YA, and creative nonfiction, from writers ranging from ages 13-17.
Friday Lunch! Weekly Blog is a series of essays written by the current Lunch Ticket blog team and our guests, published every Friday.
Twitter Poetry Contest: a monthly feature of poems collected through our Twitter page @LunchTicket1
Lunch Ticket Staff
Please visit the Winter/Spring 2023 Masthead to view the editorial staff for the issue that is currently live.
Lunch Ticket strives to provide a platform for emerging and underrepresented voices. We do this not only by publishing the finest works of literary and visual art, but by uplifting new and extraordinary online writers into the light of other prestigious publications.
While we hope Lunch Ticket fills you up with exquisite and thought-provoking material, we also work towards expanding the community and exposing our audience to more quality content of fine literary and visual art.
Drop us a line or find out how to submit your work to Lunch Ticket!